Wednesday, September 2, 2009

LOVE TO SING!!!

I realized I have been neglecting my blog. Here is one of my recent FACEBOOK postings!!!

Is there any question that I consider myself a singer first and foremost. If there is it is because you have been blinded - literally - by me running around topless on stage or in videos. I love doing the Improv show. It has been the best day job anyone could ask for. And performing for youth audiences, introducing many to the performing arts for the first time, is so fulfilling. But doing two amazing musical theater pieces and getting a chance to play vocally for the first time in years has motivated me to go back and really develop the repitoir, audition for Broadway, maybe do some concerts and reexamine opening up a serious vocal studio. I have heard far worse claiming to be vocal instructors. AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Actually you probaly don't and hence there lies the problem with so many up and coming singers being led by the blind - and they have not seen me naked - YET!!!I feel great about the instrument but now I have to get serious about shaping the songs. Hiding behind natural talent I have faked it for too long. Time to finally develop and build the book of options for auditions and cabaret concerts. I have songs that I can fake from every genre but few that I could whip out memorized. And finally get my name and face out there as a go to voice. Finally it is time for me to stop yelling on the street. It kills the instrument. Took me 4 weeks of focuissing on singing and theater to really get back to normal. Let me know what you think.
ASPECTS OF LOVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z1Z1f-wn8M
MERRY WIDOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXkzcmQMEk
EVITA - ON CRACK Way toooooooo fast!!! - 6 weeks ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gj8TaSpRU

No comments: