Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost without Lost: The Never Ending Story

OK

The long awaited LOST finale has come and gone. Many of you have not watched it so I will hold off on a few things of details about the show. But here is the story behind the story.

We had a great show last night at LMAO. Actually a little raunchier than usual. (Rated R Warning). I was playing piano for the ANIMAL CRUELTY BLUE and kept yelling out interjections to try and lift the dark tone. On one chorus I yelled "Club that Seal". On another I yelled Yummy Road Kill" and then finally "Slap that Pu$$y" (So if I offend) YADADA...I know a little edgy.

So get home around 10:30 after stopping for Mexican (Amsterdam 110th and 111th) and circling for parking. Laurice goes to turn on LOST from the DVR. She sees that the show is on when she turns on the TV and immediate shouts it down.

"I don't want to spoil the ending"
"Seriously? Go outside while I cue it up"

She refuses, continues to turn it on and off until there is an obvious commercial.

"Lets watch the series recap first"

OK... We start to watch the 6 season recap with cast interviews. Kind of cool, but long winded. About one half hour later, one of us has to take care of business, so we pause the DVR. I notice we have about 80 minutes left and whine "This thing is 2 hours long!?!" And that was just the preview event. It is already 11pmish. And we have stuff to do the next morning.

So we go to put on the show. Now about 11:22. She stops the 7p-9pm preview and switches to the show. But when she hits stop, the real show is still on, apparently running till 11:30, so she shuts it down again.

"I don't want to spoil the ending"

Let me pause briefly to say that I have had to endure this before - 9 years of X-files.

"Go outside while I cue it up"

She refuses. "Lets just wait till 11:30"

"FINE!"

OK Now it is 11:30, we both use the bathroom. We finally start the show. Pretty good stuff. We are cruising along until the Mexican food starts to creep back into the conversation. Laurice scoffs at a rather horrible stench (SILENT BUT DEADLY at its worst!!!)

"GET OUT!!! Light a candle. I'm try to watch the show."

She tends to over exaggerate, but not this time. It was bad. Even I repulsed myself. So I lit some candles. Opened the door YADADA

Another 15 minutes goes by.

"AGAIN!!!!???!!!"

Candles still lit, I lit and blew out a tea candle a couple times to speed up the recovering of breathable air space.

Long story medium length, this continued all night. Even with fast forwarding commercials at 3x speed, we were still watching way around 2am this morning.

I have to say, the thing I like most about the final episode, the today's discussions about what it all meant. What was real, what was in folks alternate sense of reality. And what's next. I can really see this being another Star Wars or Star Trek with spin off books.

I want to do an spoofy "HURLEY & BEN RULE THE ISLAND" Animated Adventures with Hurley driving the van all over the island and Ben running Dharma with no subject. Bad 70's cartoon laugh off at the end of every short.

Or perhaps a Thelma & Louis like spin off with Kate and Claire driving around the country, on the lamb, raising Aaron. And everytime they are in trouble, Frank " THE PILOT" Lepidus, stumbles out of a bar "HEY, You need a lift"

The prequel series Charles & Elois, The Early Years with a cross over episode on Mad Men.

I have to say I cried everytime a couple found each other and realized the "TRUTH". I need to watch it again. Like SIXTH SENSE, I feel there were clues I missed now knowing the final outcome. http://screenrant.com/lost-finale-explanation-kofi-61464/

Thanks for the ride ABC.

NOW....

Without any good TV for the next 4 months, I can focus on performing. We have a full summer of LMAO scheduled. And a butt load of gigs.

CLICK HERE FOR DISCOUNT TICKETS


ALTERNAT ENDINGS


Some fun follow videos
ABC NEWS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqSS8v7bpbk


/


No comments: