Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LMAO THE DIET – Filet Mignon Yummy

Week 3 Day 1 - Monday, April 26, 2010

Relaxed at home. First day off in a while. Taking it easy this week. House hunting. Taking a back seat at LMAO.

Mom’s in town so we went to Aunt Mary’s in Long Beach / Lido Beach (Near Marvel’s Ice Cream which is finally open although I did resist temptation)

Mom, Mary & Michael all made an amazing dinner of roasted fillet Mignon and vegetables. Parsnip never tasted so good. On that thought, I’m not sure if I had ever had parsnip. The meat was so good it did not need any sauce, but the BEAST called to me. The sweet & hot sauce went unnoticed until I came up for air; that’s when I felt the heat.

After dinner, cookies from Staten Island Bakery were pure butter in a good way to the pallet – not so good to the belly. I usually make fun of anything Staten Island, but by last nights testing, they must have the best bakeries. The mafia is definitely good for keeping the food legit!!!


Today’s Consumption Summary

BREAKFAST – Left over Chinese rice and plantains with turkey chili

Before you get grossed out, know that the Chinese food came from Spanish harlem and had a distinct flavor that served the thick chucks of turkey.

SNACK – OK not sure how to file this one. Had a chocolate craving. All we had was Jello Pudding which I hate. I also had fat-free cool whip. So I made Chocolate mousse. Whipping the two together still left the palette wanting so I mixed in packet of instant Swiss miss hot cocoa. That was yummy. Almost as good as a fancy Italian restaurant.

DINNER at Aunt Mary’s – Two helpings of steak (roasted Fillet Mignon) with vegetables.

DESSERT – Oatmeal Raisin, Rainbow Petit Four, Chocolate Sprinkled Butter Cookie and Nut cookie Sandwich with chocolate filling. But that’s all and nothing else.

So I feel a little sniffly this morning (TUESDAY) as I write this. WAY TO MANY sweets yesterday. And WAY TO MANY chocolate ones at that!!!

No comments: